Medications can help reduce fever in the event of influenza. Be aware that there are also effective natural home remedies that you can try now to reduce the worst flu symptoms.
1.Drink plenty of chicken soup
Chicken soup has been scientifically proven to help relieve flu symptoms.
- Chicken soup reduces mucus production by inhibiting certain types of white blood cells.
- If your stomach can accept it, consider adding a few red pepper flakes to help relieve congestion in your nose.
2.Add garlic to your meals
Garlic is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal food, which can easily be added to soups and other dishes before eating them.
- In addition to garlic’s ability to kill bacteria, it also stimulates the immune system.
A humidifier or vaporizer increases the humidity in the air and liquefies the mucus accumulated in your chest.
- Double the use of the humidifier continuously with a hot bath before going to bed.
- The bath will provide extra moisture and add the necessary heat to relieve your sore muscles.
4.Try a nasal irrigation device
- Using a nasal rinse of half a teaspoon of salt for 250 millilitres of hot sterilized water removes persistent mucus from your nostrils using a nasal irrigation device.
- Remember to tilt your head sideways on a sink to catch up with all the moisture circulating in the nasal passages.
5.Gargle to fight bacteria and viruses
- Make a simple gargle by adding one tablespoon of lemon juice to 250 millilitres of hot water.
- The use of this acid gargle will inhibit bacteria and viruses that can hide in your mouth.
- To reduce sore throat, try a gargle of one teaspoon of salt mixed with 250 ml of hot water.
6.Drink honey and lemon
- Try taking a few teaspoons of honey and a drizzle of lemon in a glass of hot water to prevent coughing and reduce sore throats.
- To prevent dental caries, remember to brush your teeth after drinking.
Remember not to give honey to children under one year of age.
7.Add elderberry syrup to your drinks
Syrup or elderberry extract combined with vitamin C can reduce the duration of influenza.
- To prepare a cold drink that soothes sore throats, add elderberry syrup and a drizzle of lemon juice to sparkling water.
- You can also add elderberry extract or syrup and lemon juice to tea.
These home remedies are an excellent way to fight flu symptoms without taking additional medications. In addition to these tips, make sure you drink enough fluid and get plenty of rest.